Monday, December 28, 2009

Are marriage proposals ever turned down because of nationality?

This is an interesting question that i have been thinking about. Did you ever hear of this? In the quran it says that one shouldnt be turned down if he has strong iman. does this happen or do you think it could happen. it could really make one feel bad.Are marriage proposals ever turned down because of nationality?
sometimes. it really depends on who you are dealing with.Are marriage proposals ever turned down because of nationality?
Yes.





My parents have turned down the possibility of me marrying anyone out of my nationality. If I do, I get disowned, and turned down by the community.





So, I don't have much of a choice, because I love my family way too much to lose them over something like that.





But, if it were up to me, I'd marry purple, black, gold, pink, or white as long as they're pious Muslims.
Yes, this does happen. A Brother that I know wanted to marry a Sister from Morrocco. The family was totally accepting of the brother. Later they when they found him to be African American they denied the brother saying that they would not allow their daughter to marry an African American. The Brother visited Morrocco several times to try to coonvince the family to allow the marriage, he was turned down and is very heart broken.
Salam,





unfortunetly, the answer is:





';more than you think.';





i know, it's a sad, but i think it's true.





Peace.
Yes that is true but not all asians/indians/pakistanis are nationalistic. My parents are Sri Lankan and they don't care what race I marry.
Yes because i know my parents want me to marry a girl that is the same nationality as me
You are right, Mostly Asians have this nationality problem, i don't think other people care about Nationality!
Yeah all the time. Islam may be against racism, but muslims are for racism.
all the time...and many Muslims have done things and still do things against the Quran
Not here, CURRENTLY (in this age), in the USA. It definantely used to be not long ago.
yep

No comments:

Post a Comment