Saturday, January 23, 2010

What word or words would you use to describe your experience of marriage?

Commitment. Both have to give it 100% and expect to receive fifty percent in return. Sometimes you get more than you give and sometimes you give more than you get.





Sharing. EVERYTHING. His or her problems are your problems too. You have to help each other in everything as much as you are capable.





Sounding Board. Listen, listen, listen. Offer the best help you can offer.





Understanding of the other persons thoughts, feelings, limitations.


Sympathy.


Empathy.


Kindness.


You have to put up with a lot, no matter how much you care for the person, theres gonna be times when you think you have made a mistake in marrying him or her. But if you are both really trying to make it work...stick with it. If one is doing all the giving and the other is doing all the taking, its time to look at the situation a lot more closely and talk serioulsly about some changes that need to be made, or it will end in divorce.





If you marry the wrong person, it can be HELL. The word Hell does not really describe a bad marriage well enough. I have never been so miserable than I was in my first marriage. I was too young and so was she. I was twenty one, she was eighteen. We stayed married almost ten years and did every dirty thing we could think of to each other except kill each other or physically abuse each other.





WE should have quit within the first year. We didn't because we had a baby and wanted the marriage to work for the baby....BAD...BAD...mistake.





Both people have to work at it at the same time....that never happened between the two of us. By the end of the third year of marriage to this person, I hated her as much as I thought I loved her when we were first married.





Get to know the person, really, really, really well...even then you wont know them as well as you'll know them after one year of marriage.What word or words would you use to describe your experience of marriage?
For mine, both marriages (to the same guy), disappointing, hurtful, disrespectful, mistakes, selfishness, unloving, drugs, alcohol, unfaithfulness, oh I could go on. Those were all my words about him, sad to say but true :(What word or words would you use to describe your experience of marriage?
Lifelong friendship. Commitment. Partnership. Work in progress. Difficult. Challenging. Comforting. Roller coaster ride. The most important thing in my life. Evolving. Perseverance. Better than being single at 39, like my friends. Raising decent children. Really feeling at home.
I've been married three times. Do I get three words, one for each marriage? If so, they'd be





Immature


Unstable


Finally!





If I only get one word to describe my overall experience, it'd be





Uncertainty
Compromise, commitment and sharing. And putting your spouse and family before yourself at least some of the time, the more the better.
Fun, hard, frustrating, rewarding, loving, happiness
Horror, torment, uncertainty, hatred, pain without end.
Full of surprises!


It's been delightfully challenging ...
...feels like a jail bird serving life....but it's the only prison i don't mind doing double life, as time..... after committing this heinous crime that we call falling in love!
a family reunion
Distant. Just... distant.
Biggest mistake ever.
Disappointing.
thought i have found the one. now i feel crushed that its over.





but how can you live with someone when it feels so wrong
MEANNESS!... OVER!!
Sacrafice, sharing and commitment.





Even on days I want to kill him.
Disaster in the worst way.
different
Living hell
Hard hard and harder.
Gosh! I'm tired!
The end of an era! But at least I get my washing done....
I been married now three times so I would say I been around the block
work
pure hell.........................
a war to end all wars

No comments:

Post a Comment