Saturday, January 23, 2010

When do you know a marriage is truly over?

My husband and I have been fighting really bad. I have said things that I don't even think I could bring myself to repeat. I was really angry at him at the moment. I just think we should work things out, but I, also think things have went to far.When do you know a marriage is truly over?
When you look at the other person and feel Truly vacant devoid of any positive regard or appreciation. When you bring out the worst in each other to the point that the only humane loving thin to do is to leave each other. I have had a similar time recently with my wife and many nasty things were said. My psychology professor (female) said,'; that while we are under the impression that men are more violent in truth women are actually verbally and mentally as violent if not more.'; When all the storms subside I still find affection/love for her but not forgiveness and of course we will be attending counseling soon. I agree with the others I do not think your done, maybe done fighting and or relating within power struggles that prompt you to resort to such behaviors, but not done. Your asking. When I am done I would not even be asking I'd be making plans to cover my asset's and head out the door.When do you know a marriage is truly over?
Take a vacation from each other. Get apart and give time to miss each other. Also ask each other for forgiveness and to start over again. And always remember one thing...





There will never be a marriage without a fight. But the point of a fight is to put your points across. Express your emotions, anger and frustrations to the other person. THE INTEND IS NEVER TO HURT THE OTHER PERSON. A spouse is the only person who would possibly know all the shortcomings of the other. So that makes him the only person who could possibly hurt the other to the most. But its the duty of the other half to complement his or her shortcomings and complete him or her. Not to pick the other person on that and hurt him or her.





Buy 'Men are from mars women are from venus' and 'Why mars and venus collide' by Dr. John Grey (Ph.D) He is the foremost researcher in the field of male female personal relationships and these books are gems. I assure you will be a better person after you read this book during your vacations from each other.





Hope this helped.
You have to make a consience desision to end the marriage. If your willing you can work through any prob.






I think by your question that you really know the answer.


You need to work at a marriage - both ot you - but this


sounds more long-term, otherwise you would not be


on the net with this question.
If you both think you should work things out.. then that marriage isn't over... yet. Nothing is irreconcilable when both partners want to reconcile.
In answer to you actual question Darling. Your marriage is not over till DEATH DO YOU PART. So your safe there.
Doesn't sound like it is over to me yet. Work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment