Thursday, January 21, 2010

People not taking their marriage vows seriously?

I've been seeing a bunch of questions about people cheating on their husbands/wives.





I'm getting married in 10 months and I could never dream of cheating on my fiance and I know he feels the same way.





Why don't these people take their marriage vows seriously? Why not just get a divorce?People not taking their marriage vows seriously?
Every situation is different- people change over time and things don't necessarily turn out as expected.People not taking their marriage vows seriously?
I've never been married, but I'm a mature woman and I guess I have a clue about why people cheat on their spouses.





Because unfortunately love is not eternal.





The flame of passion dies as time passes by.





Romance is no longer seen as necessary since the husband now feels he has already won his wife's heart and vice-versa.





Sex becomes routine with your spouse.





So people look for some excitement outside their marriage.





Finishing a marriage would be too painful and costly if you don't have a solid reason for that, and besides it will expose you to criticism in your social and family circle.





I don't think I would cheat on my husband if I were married, but I'm sure I wouldn't file for divorce if I learned he had just one affair with another woman. If this happened often, then I might think in a different way.
I don't think that they don't take the vows seriously as much as society.


Society puts all the pressure on going to school, getting married, buying a house, having kids. There is no pressure to keep God first. Which is a huge reason why many marriages break up. The closer you and your spouse get to God the you get as a couple.


God is no longer allowed in schools, at work, in public. So therefore it is easier for us to grow apart from him and in turn grow apart from each other.


Many people when they get married could never think of spouses cheating but unfortunately people change. Some people will work through problems, some will not, some problems are just not possible to solve.


My question to you is if someone takes their' vow's seriously how could they really get a divorce? I know I will fight for my marriage...
Most people rush into marriage without taking the word ';FOREVER'; into consideration. Good for you for saying that you would never cheat, but in today's society that is easier said then done. Sex sells everywhere and you have to remember that most on here are not saying that their spouses cheat physically as much as they are mentally and emotionally. God say's that if we think (yes, even think) about having sex with someone that is adultery.
Everything was so black and white for me when I was younger also. What if you have 3 children and your husband is a pretty good Dad, not great, but not terrible. However, he is crabby and controlling with you. Not out and out abuse, but off and on miserable to live with.





You think you are doing the right thing staying married for the next ten years until the kids are all grown or at least 18. How to stay and not go crazy? How to stay and be the good Mom? How to tolerate the husband? Yes she has said all of this to him, counseling, blah blah and he is not interested in changing even a tiny bit.





The divorce would hurt everyone except the Mom. So she stays for years and one day finds someone who is kind to her, appreciates her and makes her miserable life happier. She is happier at home, with her kids and now really can't wait to be free.


What should she do? Suffer?





Faithful for 20yrs she is angry that she doesn';t get to stay married, doesn't get the long long love of her life forever. She desperately wanted to stay in a loving marriage, but after ten yrs of struggling she realizes that she doesn't get to have this.
I am with 100% girl! I often wonder the same thing myself and i've often seen it!


I come from a good home. My parents have been married for almost 36 years. My sister has been married for a little over 10, but has been with her husband since they were 16 (they are now 35). I plan on doing the same once we get married (whenever that will be).





I think alot of people just get married to just have the title, the wedding and sadly the gifts.


My old best friend got married in 2004. I was her maid of honor, and i watched her walk down that isle knowing that this wasn't the right choice for her. I told her i didn't think she should get married. Her husband was talking about having children as soon as they got married. He was about 10 yrs older then she was. She was 24 @ the time, he was 34. I begged her not to have kids, knowing that the marriage will not last.


10 months after their wedding date, i was @ their apartment packing her stuff up and carrying garbage bags full of clothes down the stairs to my car.


She later came out and said the only reason she got married was bc she wanted to be a bride, NOT a wife. And she said she knew a few months before the wedding, but she was emarrased to cancel it.
I was a sexist pig being led around life by my little head through several marriages, and until I grew up I simply thought life was literally all about me.





While in the hot and heavy throws of a relationship I would give my life for the one I thought I was in love with, until I saw the next challenge. Therein lies the problem (at least for me, and I assume many men are similar in thought), we vow to honor while ignoring or appearing to ignore, a temptation which will always be there. Whether it's known or not, that temptation is ready for action always and will raise it's head whenever you look for it. Until that one issue alone is resolved in either partners mind there will always be ';the cheating spouse'; (I do think this applies mostly to men).





Maybe there should be some sort of boot camp before marriage that illustrates the hazards of having a beer with the guys at the local pub, or just how dangerous flirting can be. Why men think their powers of getting any women between the sheets, along with the bravado of bragging about it is so important, is beyond me, now, 25 years after the fact.





After causing a lifetime of misery to some, and Children (grown now) that live thousands of miles apart related by the blood of an inconsiderate Father, do I now agree that marriage vows are absolute and should never be taken lightly. Those that enter into the promise to love and honor should be mature enough to understand what they really mean, along with the harm that can be caused by that little head meaning so little compared to marriage and family life.
One thing you can count on: over the course of your lifetime, a lot of things will happen that you could have never dreamed of. So put away your halo and try to understand that all sorts of people find themselves in all sorts of situations; the only thing we all can be certain of is that we're all going to die one day. Everything else is a fair game. Life is not black-and-white; there will be times when you will be questioning yourself, doubting your judgment, yearning for a different path - but life doesn't just stop; you won't get a break to think about it, you won't get a chance to rewind and start again - you will have to work with what's already been built, with what's already there. Once you've been with someone for a while, it's not easy to ';just get a divorce';, for many reasons; it's much more complex than that. Yes, a lot of relationship messes have to do with bad choices, bad judgment, irresponsibility; but making mistakes is a part of being human - none of us can make good decisions 100% of the time; not even you.
Because people like to have their cake and eat it too. I personally find these types of people as despicable and all around POS's. I feel the same way about it. Why get married if you aren't going to honor your vows? Personally I hope every one of them burns for their decisions.
Because most of them probably were exposed to this sort of stuff with their parents--or they simply have a weak complex. Most people just get married for a title, not for the commitment.
How do you know what these people set their marriage vows to be, to know that they aren't taking seriously? Some people write their own wedding vows, so your opinion is unfounded.
Because stupid people keep breeding...





Really? A million reasons and none of them should matter to you or your marriage. People make stupid decisions every day that hurt others - this isn't that much different...
because half the ppl wernt ready to be married, like they thought!


most ppl still have to get it out of their system before their ready to settle down
listen,people change and they all sorts of reasons,they of course should never hurt their spouse but things happen,it's not always pretty-
Cause they are assholes like that. Good luck and congrats on your marriage.
You weren't at my wedding and listening to our vows. I wonder why people assume everyone has the same vows.
Damn good question. Honestly I feel a lot of this is bogus! If I was going to cheat I sure wouldn't put it in print for the whole world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment