Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What is the most remarriages that one can have and still have a hope of having a successful marriage?

A first time marriage has a per centage applied to it of the chance of success (success being defined as staying happily [more or less] married till death do one of you part).


With each successive divorce/death of mate and remarriage it would seem like the odds go down.


At what point (mate number n) would the odds become vanishingly small?


That is, Me be your 8th husband? Forget about it. It won't last.What is the most remarriages that one can have and still have a hope of having a successful marriage?
I know that the time elapsed between each marriage is one factor. If a person waits at least two years there is a better chance of the marriage working. I have not heard any details about the number of times a person has been married and the probability of the marriage surviving. I hope that as we age we finally figure out what it takes for a marriage to work.What is the most remarriages that one can have and still have a hope of having a successful marriage?
First of all u are old enough to know that everytime u get married u learn more about how to deal with marriage.At least some guys do.Plus was this an attempt to be funny because I don't get the question?
I don't know that the odds decrease with each marriage...in fact, they may get better because hopefully we are wiser as we age and make better decisions...





Some people will make poor relationship decisions regardless of time and experience though...others make better choices and eventually find someone with whom they want to (mutually) be with long term...
wow 8 hudsbands she must be a good catch
I believe its all about finding the right person sometimes people just don't want to be alone I am on my second marriage married 19 years the first time he was unfaithful had enough though I still loved him he just hurt me to much inside. I am now married 6 months and again I do love him very much but not sure hes the right person guess time will tell. You need alot of communication and alot of work and from both to make any marriage work most need to know what its all about and not give up so easily to temptations around them and focus on them as a couple. I hope things get better in the future.
You are correct...


After a few marriages, you should know it is yourself that is the problem rather than her...


Bad choice in women can only account for so many divorces.
Interesting theory. If you are on your 8th, it is probably because you are not looking for the right qualities. Theninth could be the one, but the people involved must have greater control over what they want in a partner.
Have you ever thought that just maybe, married life just isnt your thing? It happens. How many times must someone do something and fail before they realize that it just wasnt in the cards for them to do that. If youve been married 7 times and they all ended however, then I would say it was a sure bet youre arent marriage material. I think I would try a living together arrangement instead if I were you, and forget the odds of a 8th marriage before it kills you.

No comments:

Post a Comment