Thursday, January 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I are both virgins and will be until marriage, any reason that I should get the HPV vaccine?

I know that some STDs they say you can get just from toilet seats so I am wondering if I am at risk still even though my boyfriend and I have never had any other partners.My boyfriend and I are both virgins and will be until marriage, any reason that I should get the HPV vaccine?
Just do it to be on the safe side, some men can carry HPV with out knowing it, and contract it (this is very rare) with out having sex. The HPV vaccine can prevent you from getting cervical cancer. You can't get an std from a toilet seat, most stds don't last for more then minutes on objects. Virgins can carry some infections like hepatitis, oral herpes (cold sores) and even hiv can be passed on with out having sex and can be passed to you when you have oral sex or regular sex. If he doesn't have any of those infections or stds then you shouldn't be able to get an any of those infections or stds. If you can't wait until marriage, you may want to think about going on birth control, using condoms and try to stay faithful to each other.My boyfriend and I are both virgins and will be until marriage, any reason that I should get the HPV vaccine?
Honestly, I'd say yes. I know that right now you can see yourself being together for the rest of your life, but until you're married and 90 years old in a seniors home, you don't know that he will be your only partner. Call it pesimistic, I call it realistic. If anything should happen that you and your boyfriend split and you end up with someone who HAS had previous partners, you want to be as safe as possible.


I would say to get it to ensure safety.





By the way, I want to applaude you for saving yourself for marriage. While I am not religious, nor do I believe that people necessarily need to wait, it's nice to hear that you are not giving into peer pressure. It's hard to resist the urge. *claps* Too many young people are having sex at very young ages because their friends are doing it. I say that it should happen when you're READY, and not a moment before that.
you need to have the hpv vaccine before you become sexually active so i would say yes to having that. It is very unlikely that you will catch anything from toilet seats. The hpv works by helping your body build an immunity to the virus which causes some forms of cervical cancer - it is useless if you have it after exposure to the virus i.e. sex. hope that helps.
Not to be pessimistic, but there is rape and infidelity.





Also, a study from the University of Washington showed that men carry the cancer causing typesof HPV on their fingernails. While HPV is mostly transferred through sex, there are definitely cases of virgin who get it.
NO NO NO-Stay loyal to eachother. The vaccine is only used against an std. You can only get it by having sex with an infected person. Do not put that poioson in your body. Good luck.
No. You two are the safest possible people for ANY stds, if you stay monogamous to one another.
Get it just to be safe..

No comments:

Post a Comment