Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do I get marriage visa for the US?

I am a UK Citizen and I will be marrying my partner who is a US citizen. After marriage I will be rutuning to the UK to study for some months. How do I go about obtaining a visa to return to the US and how long will it take?How do I get marriage visa for the US?
Go to http://www.visajourney.com as you will get better answers there than here on yahoo answers. The site is free and has guides to the immigration process as well as forums to ask anything you need. It's just for people who want family based visas for the US. You can get up to date information there from people who are just a little further on in the process than you are. I used it myself and my visa was so easy to get.How do I get marriage visa for the US?
Your then *husband* will need to file Form I-130, G-325A x 2 and I-864. The whole process will take around 8-12 months, so plan to file accordingly.





In the meantime you should schedule an appointment with your local GP for any vaccinations which you may need because it will be cheaper to get those done in the U.K. than it will in the U.S. You should also try to obtain a police clearance form from every country which you have lived in for 6 months or more from the age of 18. Note that these can take around 45 days to get, so again, plan accordingly.





Beyond that you are all set to go. Once the forms have been filed, there will be some back and forth correspondence with the USCIS and the NVC with your husband, you will then get packages sent to you asking you to follow the instructions and complete what is necessary. Eventually you will be called for an interview or be ask to make one at the U.S. Embassy in London. It is around this time that you will also need to make an appointment with the USCIS approved civil surgeon for a medical, take your *new* vaccination and medical history with you. You can thank me later for the money you saved.





If successful, about seven days after the interview you will receive your CR-1 visa affixed inside your passport. You will then have six months in which to use it to enter the U.S. You will have work authorization and CR status from the moment you are admitted into the country using said visa.





Forms can be downloaded from the link below and more information about the process can be found in the 2nd link
I am also a UK citizen, I married my husband when I was already here working on a work visa so I adjusted my status here. All you have to do it get married - either here or in the UK.... then go back to the UK. Your husband will file an I 130 to petition for you as a relative. Once that is approved, as the immediate relative of a US Citizen you won't have to wait for an immigrant number, which can take years they will start the process for you to apply for your green card! Your partner will need to send the I 130 form, a check for the fee, evidence of his/her citizenship, such as a birth certificate, and evidence of your legal marriage - your marriage certificate. Once the I 130 is approved the US citizen will be notified. At some point you will need to have a physical which will be sent to immigration. But first make sure you get married, go home and then start the application process.



Do you %26amp; your hubby plan on living in UK or US? If you plan on living here permanetly your hubby needs to file an i-130 on your behalf. If you don't plan on living/working here, you can just get a visitor's visa.
Your husband should file a i-130 for you. It will take 9 months to a year for you to get your permenant residence permit.
ask prince william to marry you!


we need more of royaltis in america
talk to the US embassy

No comments:

Post a Comment