Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where can I find ';free'; marriage and divorce records for New Jersey?

I am searchiong for marriage and divorce records but I do not want to pay. These are public records but I can't seem to find a site that provides this information for freeWhere can I find ';free'; marriage and divorce records for New Jersey?
You can get them at the County Court House for free. On line will probably cost you something.Where can I find ';free'; marriage and divorce records for New Jersey?
New Jersey doesn't consider marriage and divorce records to be public records so you can't search for them online for free. New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services recommends visiting your local vital records office.
More then likely you wont find it online (for free) but you can go to the court house where the marriage/divorce records were filed and look at them for free. If you want to get copies you will have to pay for that.
Marriage record online may be possible by visiting this site and click on the link that says SSN it has both paid and Free option.


Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment