Friday, January 15, 2010

Each year marriage rates make new lows in countries like america sweden and the UK, only recently? in the uk?

Why do you think marriage rates keep sliding, what is the reason less and less people want to get married ?


Why is it you do not want to get married ?Each year marriage rates make new lows in countries like america sweden and the UK, only recently? in the uk?
People don't have enough time in these hard times for themselves, let alone for someone else.





Other reasons may be:


(a) women relying on Cosmo to dictate to women how to live and what to expect from a man.


(b) Power struggles. Since feminism, many women are only satisfied if they're doing something to prove they're better than men. Which never does wonders for a marriage, or any relationship between the sexes for that matter.


(c) Marriage is now merely an inconvenience in the west, where earning money takes priority over everything else. A spouse and family that need caring merely get in the way of success.


(d) Some women have bought into indoctrination that marriage is really oppression of the woman.


(e) With no-fault divorces and men becoming increasingly aware of the effect of family laws in the west, young men are much, much less likely to fall into a trap called marriage that now holds more risk for their money and reputation than ever before.


(f) Men too sometimes are at fault, for not treating women well. It is most unfortunate that these 'bad boys' are so attractive to immature women, who later realize their mistakes and begin to hate the male gender as a whole. Same goes for men who've been taken for granted as ATM's and then dumped when no longer useful.Each year marriage rates make new lows in countries like america sweden and the UK, only recently? in the uk?
One benefit of marriage is that it deters other people from 'stealing' partners. Maybe I'm old fashioned but if a woman is married I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole because of the commitment she has made to her husband. However if she is just in a ';relationship'; then call me a dirty dog but I'm not going to be put off from making an attempt to 'steal' her away from her boyfriend.


I am old fashioned on this because I just don't understand the concept of ';committed relationship'; when the two people are clearly not committed enough to put it in writing in a marriage contract. Are they ';commiting'; for just as long as it takes to find someone better? If so then it is not a commitment at all.


When children are involved I think marriage becomes even more important because then I see the marriage commitment being to the children also.
I have come to realize recently that we are in the midst of a cultural revolution and everything is being reassessed: Everything





Marriage has failed the test of time.





Gender roles are being reassessed.





Diversity in sexuality has been accepted.





Colour is no longer a bar to success or opportunity (Obama)





Why get married when you are more than likely going to split up - or stray outside the marriage?





We are beginning to realize that human beings are multifaceted with many layers - and to pigeon-hole the human race and expect everyone to choose a member of the opposite sex as a monogamous partner for life - is unrealistic because it doesn't work.








EDIT to EOGHAN:


In order for that to be true there has to be an evil group of villains orchestrating every little thing and pulling strings from behind the scenes and whereas it is in interesting concept - it just sounds too much like an episode of Thunderbirds to me ....


We concur on certain issues re what is happening but why it's happening? It's just evolution. Cultural evolution. No evil groups hiding in secret caves. We are simply experiencing the pendulum swing.








EDIT # 2 to EOGHAN:





I actually did look it up last week and found the arguments compelling but then I had to consider the source ie where I read it (the publications/sites) and the other articles that were written and the subject matter. It seems that this theory you support doesn't get much exposure outside very specific types of publications that tend to support all conspiracy theories: not that this necessarily blows the NWO theory completely out of the water - I am just not as yet convinced.





If you could post or send me links to mainstream journalists or politicians who report on these issues I would genuinely be very interested.





I would *prefer* to believe that all of this is happening due to a 'natural' pendulum swing of events but I am open minded to changing my opinion when presented with hard evidence.
They are deconstructing the white population, the borders are to come down and all the work is going to go to the cheapest hardest working people in the world so the old order must go.








No Trevor look up critical theory and the neo liberals, do you really believe that we live in a self managing system and that things just happen?








Trevor, just google Gordon brown new world and your favorite news outlet.





Try Richard Cook





http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article768…





Political correctness





http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.h…








What were you dong on conspiracy theory sites? you should try to source outlets with credibility.





Mainstream media is a bit like a holy book though, its not a credible source and they are drip fed information... for example, the UK media is covering New World Order financial system by many Americans still believe that NWO is a theory because Obama and the mainstream media are nt telling the public about it yet.





Ron Paul is the only mainstream politician who speaks out against these people it seems.








Its all very well to believe its a natural pendulm but the reality is that the frankfurt school was incorporated into the OSS which became the CIA, feminism and critical theory followed, a group of students were used to translate cultural marxism into political correctness and now we have a sizeable portion on the western population cheering on marxism by another name and the willfull destruction on the old order to make way for communism, which we will not like one little bit. Its all very well cheering on ';equality'; from where you are standing now, try it later when they are making you and the most improverished people in the world equal.
I've never wanted to get married, I just don't feel the need to legally bind myself to another person. I actually dont think i could say those vows and mean them, if that makes sense. You never know whats round the corner, and how you are going to react. I'm an atheist, so i dont feel the need to get married for religious reasons. I am 39 and I am referred to as ';Miss'; and i honestly don't think theres any stigma attached to that. There are a lot of atheists in UK, that might have something to do with it? i cant speak for us all, but those are my reasons.





I dont want anyone getting their hands on my house or my pension either! LOL
I wouldn’t say that I don’t wanna get married (because I really do); but I do want to take my time and make sure that the man I’m with is the man I can see myself spending the rest of my life with. The man that I’m currently seeing and I have been off and on for quite some time. We go through phases where we’re getting along just fine, and then we face another challenge that makes us both question if we should be together or not. And I believe that anyone in a relationship that’s serious about seeing themselves committed to someone in the near future; should question if this is the person you want to wake up next too every day for the rest of your life. And if you’re not asking yourself this question; then you’re either willing to settle for anybody just to be able to say you have someone, or you’re destine for a divorce (because you’re not paying attention to the little things now, that will become a big problem in the future).





The problem with marriage in today’s age is that people don’t take it serious any more. They assume that because its just as easy to get a divorce as it is to get married they don’t have to worry about any future ‘battles’ they may have to face with one another (because they can just get a divorce any way). People don’t understand that love is hard! Meaning you have to work hard to make love work! You can’t just give up because he doesn’t put the toilet seat down, or because she’s a size 10 vs. a size 6. When you say “I do” that’s for life! That’s it! You’re saying to the world and to one another that this is the man or woman that you want to be with through thick and thin. And if you can’t say that about the one you ‘love’ then you don’t really love them.





And lets knot forget that a lot of people are starting to turn to same sex relationships. There’s an influx in gay/lesbian unions that are not recognized by the church and state as being legal. So just because the rate of marriage is on the decline it doesn’t mean that people are no longer joined with someone. I think for gay and lesbian relationships they’re called ‘life partners’ vs. husband and wife. People are looking at the examples of their family (parents, siblings) and close friends and they’ve decided to either never marry, or just wait until they’ve become stable enough to handle a divorce if it came about. I know that sounds crazy, but honestly, before I even think about accepting a marriage proposal, I want to make sure that I’m ‘well-off’ enough to purchase my own home and take care of myself if my future husband and I where to split. To me that’s not being ‘sour’ and expecting the worst, that’s just facing the reality that it may not work (because in most cases they don’t work). Good question by the way ;) You really made me think with this one.
I guess coz no one loves eachother anymore. I wanna get married, i just choose not to coz no ones good enough these days.





If i get married it will be to a foreign woman. Maybe even an American. But we'll have to see. Definately not British%26lt;----They're b*tchy, childish, self riteous and selfish%26lt;----Which would be ok aslong as they were good lookin. But they're not, and they all have bad skin. They don't seem to have anything to compensate for how much of a cow they are.





Only an idiot would marry into that lol





Hope this helped ;)
More people are realizing that marriage is inconvenient and or/ simply not for them.





I don't want to get married because I'd hate to have that ';dull married life'; thing going on with my boyfriend. Dating is much easier.
As per the statistics, its the men that are refraining from hitting their foot on an axe.
  • last lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment