Friday, January 15, 2010

If there is no love in a 20 years marriage (due to mental problem of wife), should I stay and start a new life

Why?If there is no love in a 20 years marriage (due to mental problem of wife), should I stay and start a new life
You could say there was no love for me coming from my husband of 38 years. I love him, even now, two years after a divorce. I might have stayed in that misery if he had not escalated the abuse. So, if you are not loved or if you do not love and you can't stand it, then you need to end the marriage in order to find a happier existence. If you love her and there is a chance for recovery then you know whether you should stay or not.


C. :)!!If there is no love in a 20 years marriage (due to mental problem of wife), should I stay and start a new life
There is no guarantee that you will find someone else. But, you will be free to try. I wish you both well.

Report Abuse



Darlin', if there is ';no love'; in ANY relationship, get out of it in order to be happy for the time you have remaining on this planet!
Sweet Jane is right. What the hell did you get married for if your only going to think about yourself? When you get married you make a promise to God that you will hang in there through sickness and in health. She certainly deserves better from you.
in sickness and in health comes to mind......what is her 'mental problem'......if it is depression or anger, perhaps those issues are partly due to her marriage. If it is a genuine mental condition that cannot be repaired, I dunno.....I guess if you no longer love her, you shouldn't have to sit around and take care of her, but if I were with my husband for 20 years, there is no way that I could possibly leave his side just when he began to need me to be there so much. good luck!
Beg pardon... Should you stay AND start a new life?





Wish I had your problem!





I'm almost fifty and I sleep on the floor in my Father's tiny office. MY wife abruptly put me out after 27 years. I'm drifting into the way of the bag-person. You're puzzling over your loveless marriage? Well, imagine life without her. Life for you, and for her. Then imagine old age, after that. Keep going! Now imagine what you will say to your Maker when you are summoned to account: 'What in the H*e*l*l (so to speak) did you do with the time we gave you?'





Start with the big picture, and scale it back slowly to the good times you think you would be having this spring, on some beach without her. Think carefully. I would give anything I've ever had to go back just one year, and take better care of my madwoman. I'd still have all of my teeth and my friends. I'd still live somewhere, and with the most beautiful woman in the country. Sure, she was mad as a hatter, albeit high-functional, and she refused to recognize any of her problems. Is that your situation? I'm betting you're fed up with the nursing duties. To this, you say: 'There is no love.' How so? You must have great love to do what you do. And does she really feel nothing? How could you know? Her immortal soul is far above her infirm body and mind. Love the creature for the image of the Creator within, not for its broken-down self. You'll have a broken-down self too some day soon.





Sorry, I'm in a public library, must relinquish this post...
First of all, the way you posed your question, ';how can you stay and start a new life';? For Better, For Worse comes to my mind. Still, on the other side, you have to be happy, yourself. But you married her for some reason. You maybe should try and remember that. Maybe her current condition didn't exist then. This is tough. The best advice from me is to make sure that you are happy. If you want to start something new, make sure she is taken care of in some way. You didn't give any details on her ';mental state';, so this is the best I can do right now. Best Wishes :) , and Happy Holidays :D

No comments:

Post a Comment