Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do u feel about interracial dating/marriage?

I am the product of interracial marriage, and because of that I am against it. I am a very light skinned half black female, I have soft hair and green eyes so I am often seen as white and treated poorly by blacks. Also white people are very racist and make a lot of racist jokes when they think they are with only other white people and I have lost friends my entire life because I will not put up with racism around me. It's very hard being mixed race and holding on so dearly to both cultures because I am not accepted by either. So in a perfect world, it would be great, but we do not live in a perfect world.How do u feel about interracial dating/marriage?
The way I feel about interracial dating/marriages is the same exact way I feel about same race dating/marriages.. The only differences would be physical. We're all people, the color of our skin doesn't matter. No one race is better than another. Race is just an identity that you associate yourself with and should play no part in who you date or marry. As time goes on, interracial dating/marriage has become a more widely accepting occurrence. Racism is still alive and well, and when it is not seen as a part of the dominating class in society, then interracial dating/marriage will be a thing of the past.How do u feel about interracial dating/marriage?
It's the person and not the race that matters. People often say that it's the cultural differences that worry them about interracial dating/marriage and I don't think many people would argue that white people and black people and asian people and Native American people (the list goes on and on) are typically raised differently with different values. Some values may be from their backgrounds (white people may have european values/culture while black people may have african values/culture). That sometimes causes problems and conflict, but I still believe it depends on the individual. I don't think it's a problem as long as the people are compatible. I think sometimes the family backgrounds and cultural differences may cause problems, but it's not a big deal to me until I get into the situation myself. I hear a lot about domestic cases in many interracial marriage and living together situations, but I've never dated someone outside my race or lived with someone outside my race, so I suppose I don't really have an opinion whether it's right or wrong. Who am I to judge another person's relationship? Once I get into the situation myself, I will have a better formed opinion about it. But right now it's not effecting me and, therefore, doesn't bother me one way or the other if people want to be in an interracial relationship.
I get so aggrevated at ppl who hold things like race against someone. God made everyone the color He wanted them, how can you hold that against someone? Notice how racist ppl like that don't think it's wrong for, let's say Austrailians and Americans to marry. Or what about Canadians and Irish to marry.Do they really think it's ';wrong'; or are they just concerned with how it looks?
If the ancestor of General Robert E. Lee did Interracial Dating and Marriage it is perfectly normal for the average person. Obama is a decendant of General Robert E. Lee.
whether you like it or not it has gone on forever and chances are that no one who has been born in USA can say that they are purely anything chances are that somewhere down the family tree your branches got tangled with another races. i think it is completely fine.
It's really not a big deal.


I'm Latino and my wife is Black...





It does get annoying seeing those anal white people gawking as she and I walk through the mall with our kids.





Funny thing though, once I caught an asian girl and her white b/friend gawking... I had to laugh at that one.
Personally interracial dating or marriage would not be my choice. my sister is married to a black man and has three kids with him . as long as he makes her happy it's fine with me . to each there own .
Yea!!! It's great. You could marry and Asian or maybe a Russian or perhaps a cute Italian/ Asian. Possibilities are endless.
i could care less





it hard enough to find some one you can stand to spend your whole life with





so why limit the choices
I compare it to a garden -it would be pretty boring having only one color of flower -God created the world to be colorful , varied and beautiful. Just my opinion
The more, the better. Interracial kids are adorable.
I see nothing wrong with interracial relationships. i'm all for it.
I myself am married to an Mexican American, so in my opinion there is nothing wrong with it. As long as you are happy, thats all that matters....Obama 08'
Everyone should date/marry whoever they please regardless of race.
One word - AWESOME! +D





Hot comes in all shapes and colours, and that's a fact!
Character matters, not race.





*
For it!





But what's that got to do with elections...?





If it's cause Obama is mixed, I don't really care about that.
Nothing wrong with it. Just different.
My wife is Chinese, I am white. what do you want to know.
Fine.
I'm a Latino who married a weda so what
Who cares .... What's this got to do with the election?
i had a black gf i prefer itt now
I'm against White and Black marrying or having kids.
very sick....

No comments:

Post a Comment