Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What are your opinions on gay marriage?

I'm doing a report in school, and we have to make a survey and form survey questions......So Do you feel gay marriage should be legalized in the U.S.A?What are your opinions on gay marriage?
The point of marriage is to keep the species going. Gay marriage does nothing to help this, so there is no point.





I don't care which hole you prefer, but i don't see a point in gay marriage if civil unions offer the same benefitsWhat are your opinions on gay marriage?
It is neither ';Gay'; or A';Marriage';
your all a bunch of fudge packers.....you remind me of the kebler elfs.......im......shocked.....





\,,/(^_^)\,,/
We can't honestly promote being a ';free'; country if minorities and people with a certain sexual preference can't have their rights. I also believe gay partners should be able to marry and adobt just as couples who are not gay. I mean they ARE americans, so let's treat them accordingly. I'm not gay myself but i do have freinds that i would be glad to see happy
I'm not gay but I live by this saying ';Live and let Live';
Each state should decide for itself.
I am not gay, but I do believe it should be legalized.
You should also research countries where gay marriage is legalized. What impact does it have in those countries?Another question you should ask yourself is: If it weren't for male and female would I have been born to make a survey questionnaire? That is unlikely to happen between relationship of same sexes. For that very simple reason, I don't support legalizing gay marriages in the U.S.A. Hope you do well with your school report.
i don't see why they shouldn't. however, since marriage is an intitution of the church, where does the government have any right to say that two people who love each other can't be joined in a legal union? there's that inability to separate church from state again... anyway, in this ';FREE'; country, where ';DEMOCRACY'; is king, i can't even see how this can be an issue, except that it truly goes to show how narrow minded this country actually is.
No I do not think it should be legalized. I think the institution of marriage should be between a man and a woman blessed by god. I think if they want a civil union, then I'm cool. Just don't shove that lifestyle down my throat and try to get me to buy that it's okay. Its not.
yes... how can heads of state determine who should love whom... if separation between church and state actually exists, as it is supposed to, than no one else's moral views should be imposed upon any union between consenting adults - whether between two men, two women, or a man and a woman...
Yes it should be legalized from a Government perspective. Really the church and state are seperate entities. I can see nothing harmful in allowing individuals who want to spend the rest of their lives together, as a married couple from a legal stand point. Whether the church agrees or dissagress is irrelevant. Governments should allow this...in fact mine does, it is legal here in Canada.
If you don't like gay marriage, THEN DON'T GET ONE.





People just need to stay the hell out of other people's business. Gays don't judge straight families, so why do straight families judge gay ones? Seriously there is no reason for it.
I recommend a book called ';Paying for Intimacy'; that you can find on amazon.





It might be above your grade level (I would say it is at least college level, but I recommend seeing if you can get it via your library at least.





Here is why:





It surveys the history of the way different kinds of relationships have evolved between people in the US over time, and how the law eventually catches up with the reality of the way people are acting.





Even if the overall arguments and details are too much, it will be very enlightening for you to see from the introductory chapters, and from scanning the rest, that relationships do change (when I was in college there was no ';hooking up'; for courts to consider, and when my parents were in college, there were still laws against inter-racial marriage, just to name a few).





So yes, people in real life do create new kinds of relationships, and they do eventually get recognized by the courts and the law.





Ask the people who are against gay marriage how they feel about interracial relationships and marriage? The same exact arguments they espouse were used as late as the 1960s to prohibit inter-racial marriages, by their parents and grandparents, and maybe by them if they are old enough.





But now the law says it is fine, and few if anyone really complains.





So shall it be with gay marriages - in a few decades time, people will be ashamed of the very things they wrote against it here and elsewhere.





Unlike when their grandparents and parents objected in times past, search engines will never forget what they said that will later be seen to be extremely hateful speech.





Edit - I just read all the answers above me (about 20) and I must say I am stunned! This is way different then the usual set of answers I see on this topic, and some reflect other thoughtful (and not often seen) arguments I had made earlier (different from this one). that means the ideas are becoming more widespread somehow, and that is wonderful.





Good job people!
I feel that gay marriage should be legalized. People get married because they are in love with each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. And there are no reasons why gays shouldn't have the same rights as straight people. They are not asking for special rights as some claim--they just want the same rights that the rest of us enjoy. If this is really a ';free'; country, and everyone is created equal, then why aren't they treated that way?
A legal marriage is a contractural partnership between two people. If two people across the street or hallway are married or not does not affect me in any way. Therefore, it is none of my business. A religious marriage is between two people and their religion. Again, it is none of my business. The obligations of the partners to others (children, for example) are there whether they are married or not. A same sex marriage is more of a social and religious issue than a legal one. There is no reason for it to be illegal.





Great answers, people!!! I'm impressed.
The only reason there's an arguement on this ';issue'; is that the govt will stand to loose some tax revenue as a result of gay marriage being legal. I am not gay and favor LOVE regardless of gender preference. PEACE!
I believe who ever (may be god) created all these different creatures , created 2 different versions of it, male and female. I am sure it was for a reason. I think gay and lesbian were created for much better reason than to marry each other. They are part of our society and i don't think marriage is part of their Karma in this life time. All these people fighting for these rights should focus their energy into something more constructive towards human life and our planet. I am not against gay marriage but I don't see it doing much good to them. After marriage most gay and lesbian couple would want to adopt kids and start a family, that will create another issue of kids having 2 moms or dads. Homosexuality will also increase in sexually transmitted diseases. We are still looking for cure to fight HIV. I know gay marriage will not make any positive impact on this planet or our society. We can talk about freedom and other things but something is wrong, its wrong.
whatever...





if you cross a line where people are getting ANY kind of special dispensation because of who they have sex with, I will begin to have problems and the people around me would be beyond pissed...





it would also be bad if anyone ever sued a church or business because they didnt want to perfom the services...it happened to E-Harmony.





but be married if you want...





Id figure thered be some hellacious gay divorces.
I definitely think gay marriage should be legalized. Most arguments against it are based on religion but religion is not supposed to have any affect on the government. I am a Christian, but I don't think its our place to tell two people they can't be married.
pointless
Yes.


Providing the two gay people - whether male or female, are ready to make that decision and commit.





People seem to forget that they are two consenting adults, whether they are male + male or female + female.





I'm not gay either by the way.





I don't feel as if there is anything wrong with homosexuality and if the 2 people involved are happy, why should anyone else judge?
I'm straight, but I feel that gay marriage should be legal. I know some wonderful people who are homosexual, and I feel that it's wrong to deny them the right of marrying someone that they love.





I'm also a Christian. When other Christians say, ';But gay marriage is against the Bible, they can't do it!';, I tell them to keep this in mind: Divorce is also against the Bible. Yet over 60% of this country is divorced or have been previously divorced. Adultery is against the Bible, yet you hear all the time about people cheating on their spouses/partners. Stealing is also against the Bible, as is killing. These offences take place all the time, and I don't hear them saying ';it's against the Bible!';





By making gay marriage illegal, Christians are imposing their views on people who may or may not be Christian, and are influencing government. And it's all about separation between CHURCH and STATE, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment