Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why are there so many guys against marriage?

I'm not one of those people who wants to get a guy through games or to trap him. I want someone who genuinely chooses me and I choose him also. So many guys are so paranoid about getting married, it makes me think that my chances of getting married aren't so good.Why are there so many guys against marriage?
Yeah, it's true that most guys don't like the idea of being tied down but those guys who are ';scared'; are the immature people. It looks like you have run into those type of guys most of your life. Look, I know there is a lot of guys who do want to get married. Take me for an example. I wanna get married and I am barely 21. I wanna have a family too. I guess it depends on the guy too. I do hope you find someone and I do hope you get your wedding you deserve. Also, I do hope this answer helped.Why are there so many guys against marriage?
You know that's weird because I hear all of that about men being afraid to commit, but that hasn't been my experience at all. I've dated some jerks too but for the most part the significant long term boyfriends I had wanted to get married %26amp; it was me that didn't want to. It could have been all talk though for all I know. I think a lot of people want things that they can't have %26amp; when you're with a girl like me who has trouble even keeping a toothbrush at their house, they want the commitment because they can't have it. If you're the type who talks about marriage or mentions the future a little too much, they want to run for the hills. In any case, if the relationship is real %26amp; there is real love there, it works out.





My husband %26amp; I discussed marriage on probably our 2nd or 3rd date. We both said we didn't really NEED it, but wouldn't mind it, like it wasn't the top priority for either of us so things just naturally progressed without pressure. We realized very soon that we did want to spend the rest our lives together %26amp; this was it. He had no hesitation at any point from the proposal to the wedding planning to the actual day. He was excited.
In my experience, I've met very few people, men or women, who are against marriage. That being said, most of my female friends were ';ready'; to get married at a much younger age than most of my male friends. Whereas the girls were ready to get the relationship part of their lives settles, the guys were eager to get well-established in their careers. I'm not trying to stereotype, I'm just speaking from my own experience.





90% of Americans will get married. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Depends on the type of guy.





My bf is family orientated, settled down and focused in life. He doesn't follow the crowd. He doesn't choose his friends over family. He believes in family virtues beyond everything else.





Finding a decent guy is so rare. So many men party up until their late twenties to early thirties. They are so busy getting drunk, hooking up with randoms etc., that settling down is a worry to them.





With a bf who you would want as a potential husband. If he looks at marriage with fright -- you need to let go of him. Cause all he'll do is waste your time.





Find a decent guy. There are only some -- but its worth the effort of looking and waiting for one.
I think its the old adage, why buy the cow when you get the milk for free, sad but true, don't give up though there are plenty of decent guys out there and would welcome a solid relationship, so I wish you luck! :)
Perhaps too many females are overly eager to get married, which puts undue pressure on the men in their lives. All the men I've known seemed to have nothing against marriage, as long as they weren't rushed into it.
Men don't want to be tied down to one woman unless she's the one. Men aren't born for commitment. Women have to bring it out in them, and when they find a woman who does, they marry her.
There are a lot of guys who actually DO want to get married, or are at least very open to it. Of course, you won't typically find these guys at a bar, at a frat party, in class, etc.





Now to answer your question: You see, there are 2 major factors in men choosing to marry. It's often not the ';right woman'; as much as the ';right time';. We have all seen a man dump a smart, funny, beautiful woman only to marry someone similar 2 years later. Sure, the last woman could have had more things in common, but more than likely it was just time for him to consider marriage. You need to look for a man who a) is willing to get married period and b) who is READY to get married.





Nowadays, unless a man is very religious, shy, or a family man ';type';, he typically is always on overdrive exposed to a multitude of sex everywhere he turns. He just can't imagine settling down until his looks start to go and his friends no longer call him for boys nights as their wives won't allow it. In other words, he'll marry when his friends are settling down and he is lonely. With internet dating, overtly sexual culture (ex.women proudly having one night stands), and sex with everyone everywhere and anytime, this generation is less likely to marry than ever before. Divorced parents don't help the situation either. Neither does living together (now common), and having kids out of wedlock (also common).





Most men see no incentive to marry, and if they can get the milk for free (all the benefits of a wife with no cost or risk to them), then why not, right? Marriage has been cheapened. There is a slow but steady backlash to ';modesty';, but generally speaking...





Another main factor is that men are well...being boys longer. Nowadays you need a degree to get a job. That degree is expensive. Mom and dad often offer to help. This translates into living at home until age 25 eating mom's pot roast every night while taking your sweet time finishing your degree. Guys today are fine and happy living at home with mom washing their socks until they're 30. They can still go out to the bar at get laid, and then come home the next morning to breakfast on the table. They live in the basement like kids until they're 30. Then they have to play ';catch up'; (living on their own, buying their first place, their first job, etc.) at 30, and marriage is not yet in the picture at all. Men will generally not settle down until they are secure in their finances, own their own home, have a good job, etc.





The fact is, I could go on and on. There are many social and biological factors that come into play. The fact is, if *every* guy you meet is against marriage, you are either meeting the wrong guys, or guys at the wrong time in their lives.





If you are ready to be married, look for a guy who is too. Try dating sites, dating groups (some have a marriage focus), religious singles groups, etc.





My husband and I discussed what we wanted early on. He was a family guy and ready to be married. I was too, but I was definitely less ready than him. ;) Lol! There are people out there who are ready to get married, you just have to find them. I met my husband on a blind date. Never say never!





It's a shame that women's magazine promote brazen sexual adventures and tell women not to ';scare off'; men with marriage. Are we not past conforming ourselves for men's needs anymore? Are we really supposed to cater to these immature ';men'; so they can have their fun worry free? These men need to grow up and become responsible adults. It's part of what's wrong with society. And if you talk the talk, walk the walk. If we want men to respect us enough to marry us, you have to be responsble yourself. Don't live with a guy, don't get pregnant before marriage, etc. That is a nasty slippery slope in 99% of cases....





Good luck, and I hope you find your man soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment