Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Will my future husband be affected by my filing Bankruptcy prior to our marriage?

I am engaged, AND on the brink of bankruptcy - I will be filing BK within a month... I need to know IF - and/or - HOW to keep MY bad credit (the BK), away from his credit - I do NOT want to affect his credit with my BK - is there a way to do this?


I was told that, if I keep my maiden name, my credit will not affect his - is this true?Will my future husband be affected by my filing Bankruptcy prior to our marriage?
If he has the financial wherewithal to make good on your debts before you file for bankruptcy that might help both of your credit ratings. Otherwise you'll both be stuck with this bad credit rating.





Take a step back for a minute and this should be come clear to you. People get bad credit ratings because they are poor in handling their money. Lending institutions want to know this information so they will not make bad loans to people who cannot handle money. If it were so easy to hide this kind of information, what would be the point of gathering it? So your scheme to prevent this information getting out there defeats the purpose of tracking credit.





If your credit rating is important to you, 1) Don't get in over your head, 2) If you do, make good on your debts. Otherwise your credit rating goes down the tubes because of your poor handling of money.Will my future husband be affected by my filing Bankruptcy prior to our marriage?
Bankruptcy Filed Before Marriage





If a person files for bankruptcy before marriage, the judgments against the individual typically stay with that person into marriage. The spouse's assets are usually unaffected, but any applications for joint credit will be affected by the past bankruptcy filing.

Report Abuse



Your bad credit history and bankrupcy will be shared by both. Reguardless of his credit history. I guess that you have not told him of the debt situation that you are in. Best tell him now -- it is deceiptful to with hold this info.
  • lipstick gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment