Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Where do you actually get a marriage license?

I know this is probably a dumb question...I found on my counties webpage the qualifications and rules for obtaining a marriage license and it has the form available, but doesn't say what actual office you need to turn it into. When I tried to call the courthouse I didn't know which office to be directed to. Also the women in our state have to have a blood test done prior. If anyone knows anything about that, such as are is there a certain place you have to have it done at...I know it's probably different in different places, but I keep finding new things to stress about lol.Where do you actually get a marriage license?
check out www.usmarriagelaws.com


for my state, it helped me figure out where to go.Where do you actually get a marriage license?
court house
The Clerk's office at City/Town Hall for the marriage license. Check your local web page for hours and specifications, as well.





I would call them directly to find out exactly what the specifications are for the blood test. I was under the understanding that most states have done away with this. If not, you can go to any lab where they draw blood and tell them it's for your impending wedding. They probably know exactly what needs to be done. (It's to test for communicable and sexually transmitted diseases. Basically, AIDS and other deadly, transferable diseases.)
County Courthouse


City Hall
your local town hall. they will have all of the info you need on the process of legally getting married
Mine was the county clerks office





My sister's both were married in Indiana and they went to the county clerks office.





My aunt was the county clerk for a while when I was a kid and she even preformed the marriage of her brother (my uncle) I remember finding that strange as a kid, I thought male ministers had to do that! (my thoughts have changed!)
the local courthouse
County Clerks Office. and just bring your blood test results from your doctor in with you
the county clerks office which is normally in the courthouse. just go in and ask where it is. just take the blood results with you.
It will probably be the county clerk's office and if that doesn't work, try the probate judge's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment