Sunday, May 9, 2010

Did having children negatively impact your marriage?

It takes a lot of time, energy, and money to raise a child. You have to divide your time between your child and spouse. You may end up neglecting your spouse due to the needs of your child. You or your spouse may have to work longer hours to pay the bills. How has having a child impacted your marriage?Did having children negatively impact your marriage?
Neither my husband or I feel ready for kids...I'm 30, he's 38 and we've been married 8 years. I think marriage does suffer when kids enter the picture because it takes away from the marriage itself - suddenly there is another person to worry about. And of course, the responsibilities, the expenses go up...I think it would be extremely difficult. And that's why we're happy just the way we are. Married 3 years now, together 5 years.Did having children negatively impact your marriage?
Depends how you look at it.





All the things you say are true, and your relationship (and your life) will change for the negative in those regards.





On the other hand, you have other opportunities:


Trips to the zoo, Bedtime stories, and a sense of being a family that you would not have without children. Birthdays and the holidays are 1000 times more fun with kids around.





So you lose somethings and you gain somethings, the important thing to remember is having a child is irreversable. So while most of us eventually end up taking the leap, make sure you are ready to give the lifestyle you currently have first.
having children can be awesome. they can be an outlet when you're sad or mad, and your spouse is busy. children are actually really smart and sometimes have less stress in life, giving them more time to think about peoples feelings etc. also, when your child gets older, they could get a job and help support the family too.


however, sometimes children can make money an issue, especially with the economic problems. children might start creating fights between the parents and eventually will probably choose their favorite parent, making the other one feel left out.


still, having children can be very happy and give you a smile on your face. they'll always have a joke or a new story and hopefully be glad to share it with you. when they grow up, that may be a different story, but its worth it while its there.


hope i helped :)
well children have enhanced your marriage. that's why you wait till you both are ready before you have children. We actually feel more complete with them. Yes we both work full time jobs, we share household chores, and it all works. We have our children in the bed by 8:30pm and anytime after that is ours. we talk and cuddle. We see having time together just as important as time with our kids
well, after my wife got pregnant the first time, she never wanted to have sex again. that was 10 years ago. we now have 2 kids, 8 %26amp; 10.





we got married for all the right reasons, and it's been a totally crappy 10 years for me because she forgot about me and she forgot about her own sexuality. i thought it would change after the kids were maybe 3 or 5 years old. wrong...





we are finally going to counseling, but there are a lot of bad memories and a lot of bad momentum to overcome.
I love my children. I was a mother before I was a wife so my husband always came 2nd to the kids. It was alright with him though because he was too selfish to want to hang with the kids and I anyway. I wouldn't change a thing about my children except I wish I could have had them with the man I am married to now. He's an excellent father and grandfather to both his kids and mine.
where is the team work in marriages these days?





yes, attention is given to children after they are born - but what kind of married people do not focus on themselves and their relationship too? I cannot wait to have children with my husband.





Perhaps it is just my culture - but once children are there - you are bound by something so speical, for life!
Yes, people need to realize it pulls you apart more than together. Unless you have great team work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment