Thursday, May 13, 2010

What do you think of the woman taking the man's last name in marriage?

If you are a married woman, did you do it? Why?





If you are an unmarried woman would you do it or not?





If you are a man, would you take your wife's last name? Do you want your wife to take your last name? Why?What do you think of the woman taking the man's last name in marriage?
I am getting married this summer, so I'll answer... I am taking my fiance's last name. Not only do I hate my last name and all the associations and memories it brings back... I just want to escape it. This is a new part of my life, a new beginning, and I don't want to keep my last name as a reminder of the past.What do you think of the woman taking the man's last name in marriage?
I actually disagree with this in principle. When I get married, I will take my partner's name, but this is only because I was adopted by my step dad when I was younger - the last name I have now isn't really my family name so under these circumstances I will.





I will never be a Mrs. or a Miss. I am, and will always be a Ms as I don't believe my name should give away whether I am married or not. And if you think about it, Mrs is just Mr's.
I hyphenated my name. I can go by either. I already had my children so no need to worry about what to name them. My son is from a previous relationship and he has my last name. My daughter is with my husband and she has his last name. I didn't want my son to be the only one with a different last name. I would have just kept my last name, but my husband pitched a hissy fit so I compromised.
This is a cultural thing. There is no law that says you have to but some people feel very strongly about it.





I was married and I took his name. But it was quite an adjustment. I'd had my maiden name for so many years, it was hard to get used to having a new one.
When I was married, my husband and I agreed we would take each others surnames and add them to the end of our names.





I didn't want to lose my family name, no more than that.





I don't see a problem with it, and I certainly do not see 'Mrs' and 'Mr's'. it's worse than history being HIS-story!
I'm not married, but I'd have no problem taking my husband's last name. I don't see any reason not to.





But I wouldn't knock any other woman for not doing so. If she wants to keep her name, then so be it.
I think a husband %26amp; wife should have the same last name whether they use his or her last name. The reason is; if they have children then they would all have the same family name. :)
She and the kids will take my last name. If she wants, she can keep her family name as her middle name, like Hillary Rodham Clinton. Hyphenation seems like someone trying to make a point.
I thought I wanted to. But I have plans for my life, so I want to be known by my maiden name. And my future hubby's name might not even match mine.
I'm married and we don't believe in following traditions that mean nothing to us.





We BOTH changed our names to completely merge them.
Woman don't want to be with men anymore from what i've seen.
I wouldn't take his last name. Why should his last name be more important than mine?
As I am already professionally established with my maiden name, I plan on keeping it.
ask ur husband
When I was marry I kept my last name I did not want to change it for professional reason.
If I get married I'd no problem with taking my man last name..

No comments:

Post a Comment