Friday, January 15, 2010

Is it appropriate for a bride to be to be given wedding shower if its her 2nd marriage?

Getting married for the second time and friends are wanting to throw me a shower. Not sure if its appropriate since it my second marriage and we have been living together for two years.??????Is it appropriate for a bride to be to be given wedding shower if its her 2nd marriage?
That sounds just like my story. My friend threw me a surprise shower and this was my 2 marriage and I also lived with him 2 years before hand. So what if it is appropriate. It is your time. So just be happy and forget about what other people think. CongratsIs it appropriate for a bride to be to be given wedding shower if its her 2nd marriage?
Yes this will be my second wedding and I am still having a shower and a big wedding. If the groom has not been married before you are making his family suffer by not going to a shower of yours also. Nothing is wrong with doing things twice. Go all out if you want and be happy.
The bridal shower is fine, so long as the friends wanting to throw the shower for you are sincere and not looking to make fun of you being a repeat in matrimony via the shower thrown. My advice is to leave it up to the guests entirely as to what to give to you, I think a registry or such is really only appropriate for a wedding or engagement, not a bridal shower.
If your friends are offering, let them do it. The shower is just as much for them as it is for you. Just don't go overboard and register for big ticket items, like a plasma tv or something ;o)


Good luck!
I so dont think so. I have never been married before this will be my first, but I think it's sweet and they should go for it. Your getting married its suppose to be YOUR time. I think they should and I dont think its inappropriate... HAVE FUN!
If someone wants to host it for you, go for it.


Also, if the husband hasn't been married before then it lets his family ';contribute'; to his 1st marriage.
if your friends are offering to do it then let them do it. They want to celebrate your day.





If you don't need anything, then pick a theme for the shower, like best recipes or pass the word along that you don't need anything. Those who are inclined to give gifts will do so regardless of your instructions.
Showers are a celebration of an event. Why not celebrate your wedding even if it is a second one? Let your friends honor you with a celebration!
Im getting married for the second time myself and the first time I got married i didnt have a bridal shower or one of those registry things this time Im going for it but Im not going to be asking for things that I know I should get myself.Do it just be considerate to ur guests.
why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment