Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When it comes to the debate over same sex marriage, do you ever ask the question ';What Would Jesus Do';?

What would Jesus say in the discussion of same sex marriage?When it comes to the debate over same sex marriage, do you ever ask the question ';What Would Jesus Do';?
Since Christ never condemned homosexuality, He would support it. And He would be the first one to remind the Christian Taliban that ';treat others as you want to be treated'; does not mean ';take away the civil rights from law-abiding, taxpaying, gay Americans.';When it comes to the debate over same sex marriage, do you ever ask the question ';What Would Jesus Do';?
Considering that throughout the Old and New Testament God condemned homosexuality, He would be against it. We don't know for sure if he got married or not because the New Testament doesn't talk very much about his personal life; it was more about his ministry and miracles. Christians who think that same sex marriage is okay by their religion are sadly deluded, there's no other way to say it.





I can't remember if he said anything specifically about homosexuality, but since the whole Bible is God's book and His apostles condemned homosexuality (Se Romans 2) and homosexuality was against the Law of Moses (See Leviticus), He's against it also because God inspired people to write the Bible.





Jesus is accepting of all people. The idea is to love the person and hate the sin. Practicing homosexuality is a sin. Being a person with homosexual tendencies isn't; they just have to control their feelings and try to be a normal person. It's just like a person who has a bad temper should try not to kill people and a person who is susceptable to alchoholism shouldn't become a raging alchoholic and a pedophile shouldn't prey on innocent victims.





Going along with loving the person but hating the sin: Just because there are people who are practicing homosexuality doesn't mean they should be denied civil rights. Marriage should be between a man and a woman; that's the way it's been since the dawn of time and that's the way it should always be and that allowing gay marriage by law isn't right. But we need to let people be people and let them be normal citizens of the United States.





Would it be bigoted of me to say that I think Jesus would agree with me on this one?
I think he would say, ';If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.'; (1 Corinthians 13)
He attended the wedding in Canaan... I would hope that He would attend mine as well. We won't need the wine (we don't drink), but we would love to have His company.





But to be honest, He was invited in when we first got together as a couple, and He's been a part of our lives since then. His name is spoken every day in prayer in our home.
He'd probably grab the nearest strap-me-on and get his swingin' on.








LMAO @ Alex...power bottom, indeed XD
yeah, I'm sure Hitler asked himself the same question was he was debating about killing 6 million f*cking Jewish people.





What would Jesus do?
No.


Why would I care?





It's doubtful that such a person actually existed, but even if he did I just can't see how the notions of some middle eastern man who died 2000 years ago should affect me.
I ask ';Who Would Jesus Do'; and I know the answer would be a guy seeing that Jesus was a power bottom. So he is all for gay marriage.
it is said in Leviticus that if man shall be with man as if with women he shall be........................(something bad don't quite remember)








for those that are stupid leviticus is a book in the bible
No. For me Jesus does not enter into it.





The debate begins and ends with the fact that civil rights are for ALL people.





.
Considering Jesus was gay, he'd be all for it.
no they don't because they know jesus would've been for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment