Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Both me an my fiance reside in USA presently. Is it possible for us to have registered marriage in India?

Our permanent address is in Kolkata, India. But presently we reside in USA. Is it possible for us to have a registered marriage in India, under Hindu Marriage Act/ Special Marriage Act. I have been in US for a year, my fiance has been here for over 3 years. Please guide us. Thanks in anticipation.Both me an my fiance reside in USA presently. Is it possible for us to have registered marriage in India?
Yes Its Possibel


For registered mariiage under hindu act u need to have


A residence proof of place where you are getting married ( it could be ligth bill , telephone bill, rent agreement, Copy of passport if address is same etc..)





A Photo Id Proof that your are a Indian citizen


( It could be PAN CARD, DRIVING LICENSE , COPY OF PASSPORT)





And a age proof that you are above 18'


( it could be School leaving certificate, Birth Certificate Copy Of passport etc..)








And wiht the help of a advocate you can have a registered marriage in KolkataBoth me an my fiance reside in USA presently. Is it possible for us to have registered marriage in India?
if you are indian citizens , your marriage must be registered in india .


if one of you is a US citizen , it can be registered there .
Yes For sure.


But you forgot to mention your Visa status(H1 B1 Hr F2b ?).


In some situation you may need to reaplly for Visa.
  • face cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment