Friday, January 15, 2010

Is it awful that I feel trapped in my marriage?

My husband and I married 2 years ago at the ages of 22 %26amp; 23 because I got pregnant. I thought having a child was good enough reason to love someone and marry them. Now my husband is going back to school to take over my fathers business and that makes me feel very trapped. I feel like even if I am unhappy in my marriage I'll have to stay with him because he's apart of the family business now. I hate thinking of this but it haunts my thoughts often. Am I justified feeling this way?Is it awful that I feel trapped in my marriage?
Try Marriage counseling And talking to your husband. Give the actual Marriage a fighting chance...I mean seriously.





He might be feeling similar, and you just need to liven things up a bit...just the Two of you...get a babysitter.





The grass isn't always greener on the other side...





Give it a try before you throw in the towel is all i am saying...he looks as though he cares for his family, studying to learn a business...





Get some hobbies of your own; job school friends...I bet you would be all around happier. Luck to you.Is it awful that I feel trapped in my marriage?
I think you are unhappy because you are not given enough attention by your husband because he is working and going to school. You feel slighted and you are not emotionally connected to him at this time. Your husband seems like he is an up and up guy, he is doing everything to provide for his family. I have a feeling your primary love language is quality time and that is slacking in your relationship at this time so you do not feel loved . There is a book called the 5 love languages and it's very enlightening you may want to try it, it may help with your relationship. Give it a try especially since you have a child involved.
I can understand your feeling this way, however you will be surprised that your family will respect you for not leading your husband on in lies that you are a happy married couple... Besides, even if he ends up taking over your families business....you have a child...so he will be close and you both don't have to travel far to swap the kids off. Just a thought. It would be best to let him know of your feelings prior to his going to school to avoid him putting himself in to debt for something he might reconsider in the event you divorce.
Are you unhappy now? If so, put a stop to him taking over your father's business now. Once he does take over the business, it will be very difficult to get a divorce without upsetting your parents quite a bit.
You do not have to stay with him. You need to do what is best for you and the child. The husband is old enough to take care of himself, but not the child. Go and find some happiness before it's too late.
Marriage only ends in death or divorce, try one. You should try talking to him, and not to a public forum like the internet.
The fact that you feel this way says your marriage has an expiration date. You aren't in love with the man. Just the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment